TOP TIER REPRESENTATION
The ACQUES Law Network member firms are recognised experts in all areas of insolvency and insurance law, with many of our lawyers viewed as industry leaders in trade credit insurance and surety/bonding matters.
Working collaboratively within The ACQUES framework, member firms are able to assess and deliver a bespoke suite of services to meet the client’s specific needs.
Our expanding Network offers multi-market services and solutions to surety and trade credit insurers that includes policy advice, pre and post claims advisory, loss mitigation and salvage/recoveries activities.
ACQUES understands that the needs of insurers may vary by region/jurisdiction and by the form and model of surety/bonding insurance conducted.
In general terms, we provide the following services to surety/bonding insurers:
- Advisory in relation to bespoke and boilerplate deeds of indemnity/facility agreements to be used in special and mainstream client situations.
- Advisory in relation to larger or more complex corporate collapses in surety/bonding matters.
- Advisory for the surety provider in relation to bond calls and how to effect recoveries from securities and guarantees provided to them.
- Investigations and recoveries.
- Bond facility application wording reviews.
- Advisory in relation to conditional and unconditional bond forms and undertakings.
- Standard and non-standard deed of indemnity agreements.
- Loss minimisation and risk management.
TRADE CREDIT INSURANCE
Cognisant of the complexity surrounding trade credit insurance, The ACQUES Law Network collaborates with insurers to ensure wording certainty and confidence, to maximise recovery and to minimise debtor exposure.
Our Network provides legal advisory assistance on challenging claims in all markets where policyholder clients insure against buyer insolvency.
In general terms, we provide the following services to trade credit insurers:
- Advisory in relation to bespoke and boilerplate policy wording, endorsement, coverage, wording and documentation.
- Ensuring security and title interests are perfected and registered across multi-jurisdictional and/or national boundaries.
- Acting on behalf of the insurers and their insureds in relation to:
- Substantial debt recovery claims.
- Retention of title claims.
- Pursuing directors of failed companies – insolvent trading claims and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Defending unfair preference claims and fraudulent transaction claims.
- General advisory in relation to larger or more complex corporate collapses in trade credit insurance and surety/bonding matters.
- Acting for the insurers in defending trade credit insurance claims in dispute.